Tuesday, October 4, 2011

I *heart* skulls!

Hey hey, everyone! Sabrina/Sabs here to let you in on my crafting obsession that started last year, round about this time, and I've since gotten back into it

Both my husband, myself and most of my friends have an affinity for Halloween so, naturally, we spent a good chunk of time looking over the "seasonal" section and then...

I SAW THEM!


Little skulls! They had full skulls, but gravitated towards the masks.

As soon as I saw them I knew I wanted to do a Day of the Dead or Día de los Muertos mask as they're just gorgeous and something I've liked since I was a kid.

My first one:



I was so proud of my work, I decided to do 2 more!!

A zombie:

And just an abstract, patchwork-ish one just to see what I could come up with:




I have started and finished a new mask inspired by this picture:



With this being the finished product:

Paper mache is a great medium to work with!

2 comments:

  1. For some reason, I thought these were ceramic the first time I saw them on twitter. I guess you can put that down to your mad painting skills! :)

    ReplyDelete