Thursday, October 13, 2011

Customizing Vinyl Toys

With my husband and I, well mostly him, being toy junkies, and that we both dabble in the arts and crafts, we thought that we'd try our hand at something a little different.

Color Blanks!

They come in a bunch of different styles, even ones for the holidays; Easter (duck, frog, egg, bunny), Halloween (pumpkinhead and a Frankenstein) and, of course, Xmas (reindeer and a snowman).

Michael's also has their own "in house" brand, I guess you could call it. I've bought a few smaller Halloween related ones - cute fanged little bats, a pumpkin, a Frankenstein and a cat with a witch's hat. As the Holidays are approaching, they also have some Fall/Thanksgiving ones: a turkey and an owl, and Xmas, of course, with a reindeer, snowman and a penguin.


Even more fun, I have blank My Little Ponies!!!
Can't remember how many I have, but I know I have a few. Growing up with them, I know how many there are, and with the new show, there's even more!! EVENTUALLY, I'll get around to doing something fun with them. Every year, Comic Con does one, but sometimes they're just kinda "meh." So, why not make my own!

Then there's Mighty Muggs, which also made blank figures available. Both a white and a black version:


Hasbro Toy Shop had a crazy sale around the holidays last year so we picked up 5 of each!

Both are in stock at Hasbro Toy Shop and on sale for $4.99!


















Want one?
and

Interested in the others?





Customize and have fun!!

3 comments:

  1. I have a blank pony too... of course I haven't figured out what to do with her yet!

    I also decorated a blank mini-munny, as Kabuki, natch... http://www.flickr.com/photos/terrydrosdak/3293121126/in/set-72157614114337958

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember that! My husband started a Frankenstein
    Color Blank, but gave up, so it just has a green face and some pencil sketching. I keep trying to get him to finish it. He says, "You do it!" :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just finished some a day before this post went up. Making some now for cake toppers for my Wedding. Highly recommend using paint, and then spraying them with clear gloss to hold in the paint, as the vinyls will not absorb the paint.

    ReplyDelete