Thursday, October 6, 2011

Everywhere We Go, People Want To Know Who We Are. So we tell them...

We are a loose conglomeration of pretty geeky Twitter friends who all like to make things. This blog is a place for us to say, "I made this!", and hopefully entertain each other and maybe a few other people as well. Some of us make things for profit and some make things only for themselves and their friends and family, but that doesn't really matter here.

The crafts you see here are apt to be snarky and pop-culture saturated. We may curse. We may post sporadically. Who knows? This is an experiment, and we're excited to see how it turns out!


First, a little bit about our collaborators:



Terry (aka tdro)
A little bit about me: Nickname - tdro Real name: Terry D. Etsy name: bunnybubbles

Favorite things to make: Soap, miniature top hats, things out of polymer clay, cakes.

What do I do when I'm not making things? During the day, I'm an office manager. At night, I make things, usually while watching something on Netflix, or watch some tv with my hubby. My current media obsession is Dark Shadows, but my obsessions are generally fleeting and if you don't care for what I'm madly in love with right now, wait a week and see what my new one is. Also, I like reading and discussing cute boys. I talk about etsy A LOT. 


If I were an animal, what animal would it be?: Meow.

Contact information: You can find me on twitter as @tdro (private) and @bunnybubbles (public). My etsy shops are bunnybubbles.etsy.com and bunnyscrafthutch.etsy.com



 
Mal
A little bit about Mallory: Former podcaster, currently craft obsessed.
 

Favorite things to make: Right now I love cross stitching and most anything embroidery related. I have been known to crochet in the past as well!

What do you do when you're not making things?: Generally I'm reading, writing or playing video games. Mostly playing video games...mostly playing Minecraft. 

 
If you were an animal, what animal would it be?: An owl

Contact information: You can contact me via Twitter @malloryduval, via email geekxstitch@gmail.com and my personal blog over at hayiaf.com!




Laura (aka El Cinco)
 A little bit about Laura: Hedgehog enthusiast, pseudo-sorority sister, Tolkien nerd, glasses aficionado, artificially ginger, apparently sassy, always proper.

Favorite things to make: food stuffs, knit goods, and cross-stitched geekeries

What do you do when you're not making things? I'm a paralegal and single mom to two tiny nerds.

If you were an animal, what animal would it be?: a fox

Contact information: @elcinco, thegirlswithglasses.blogspot.com








Mask by Sabs
A little bit about Sabs: I'm a 28 year-old British Columbia transplant that moved to Iowa and got married in May of 2010. A self-professed geek/fan girl and a big kid at heart, I collect many things.

Favorite things to make: Various blank canvases. I got into painting paper mache anything and everything. I really started with skull masks last Halloween and now it's anything I can get my hands on!

What do you do when you're not making things? Since May of 2011 I am the receptionist at the local FOX/CW affiliate, so that's all kinds of fun. When I'm not working: internet junkie, light gamer (mostly hand-held), photography, player of a black sparkly ukulele and collector of colored Converse All-Stars.


If you were an animal, what animal would it be?: Either a bird or a fish. Just being able to have that freedom to fly or swim wherever you want is really appealing to me.
 



Mrs. and Mr. Brewtown
Name: Brewtown Andy

A little bit about me: wearer of many hats. Husband and father, lover of bacon, recovering Catholic, Time Magazine’s Person of The Year for 2006. Theatrical greaser, Jew, cowman, Nazi butler. Saxophone player, sports enthusiast and renaissance nerd. Lady’s Man, Man’s Man, Man-About-Town. He also owns a very large TV.

Favorite Thing To Make: Geek Cross Stitch and anything that I can cook that my 2 kids will eat.

Other Things: I work at [REDACTED] where I [REDACTED] while listening to podcasts. I also write for Anonymous Eagle (link: http://anonymouseagle.com), a Marquette University sports blog.

Animal: NOT a badger. Eff those guys.

Contact info: Twitter: @brewtownandy





ZiolkoAndStuff.  Or, a squirrel.
Name: ZiolkoAndStuff

A little bit about
ZiolkoAndStuff: St. Louis based twentysomething who does a little bit of everything.
 

Favorite things to make: Puppets, hats, costumes, scarves
 

What do you do when you're not making things? Theatre, theology, working retail until something better comes along, trombone, reading, and stuff.
 

If you were an animal, what animal would it be?: Squirrel
 

Contact information: ZiolkoAndStuff@twitter
 





Heather
Name:  Heather

A little bit about Heather:

Heather is a fiercely independent Southern belle that hates falling in love almost as much as making her bed. Despite her aversion to falling in love, Heather has a Cinderella complex, still believes in happily ever after, and is currently dating the dorkiest man alive. By day, Heather works & performs mind-numbing activities that may or may not be sucking out her soul. To combat the monotony of her lackluster work monkey days, Heather goes on wild adventures with her roommates into the Memphis night, saving the world one Jack Daniels shot at a time.

Favorite things to make: x-stitch, knitting, crocheting, painting, various other crafty type things

What do you do when you're not making things?  Obsessively watching movies & convincing others into purchasing record players.

If you were an animal, what animal would it be? A chimpanzee that rips your face off

Contact information:
If you’re not currently employed by the IRS or that bar in Florida she’s banned from, you may find Heather on Twitter @heatherleanne






I fully expect to add more collaborators to this post and the blog.  If you are interested in participating, find me on Twitter and let me know!

Now... LET THE WILD RUMPUS BEGIN!


No comments:

Post a Comment