Sunday, October 9, 2011

Cinco Stitches

I have an awful habit of getting really, really excited about a new crafty project, starting it, then forgetting all about it before it's finished. In fact, I have an entire tote bag filled with nothing but half-finished knitting projects. Of course, I can, and do occasionally, revisit these projects over time.

This is a cross-stitching piece I've been working on for awhile. It's a simple pattern with only three colors, and I have plans to add some lettering off to the side when I'm finished.


The only problem with this TARDIS stitch is my floss choice. I decided on a whim to try out a metallic floss to give it some depth, since it was otherwise such a plain piece. My advise to any fellow stitchers out there: DO NOT USE METALLIC FLOSS. It's just awful; it catches on my aida cloth, it unravels, it kinks. It is not worth the hassle.


While that sits on the backburner, I'm working on a project that is much more complicated. This one has a whopping 32 different shades of floss. I'm a little intimidated, but the filler I'm doing right now is pretty mundane.

3 comments:

  1. It's a shame that metallic thread didn't work for you... but I hope you finish the Tardis project some day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure I will. One day... Every now and then I'll pick it up and finish a handful of stitches before I want to throw it across the room.

    ReplyDelete