Friday, January 6, 2012

WIP -Mounted Head

I decided that once the new year started, I would start a new project to keep me occupied until the wedding stuff kicked in. And I knew just what I wanted to make:

Mystical Creatures Mounted on Walls.

Firstly, because I like making wild looking things. (see: Shana's puppets)
Secondly, because it is a good exercise in mixed media.
Thirdly, it makes my mum shake her head at my morbid sense of humour.
And Lastly, I think there's a market for it.

Just think of all the Harry Potter fans who want a House Elf on their walls. Or just people with a sense of humour about hunting. So yeah. I may be making these and selling them on etsy.

Here is my first work in progress:

1 comment:

  1. Definitely a market for that. ;p

    Can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete