Tuesday, January 15, 2013

What time is it?


Ornament time! 

I love the character designs for the Cartoon Network show Adventure Time, and some of them lend themselves well to crafts!
He's quite fancy! 

So, I made my own Peppermint Butler!


He lives in the Candy Kingdom and  "butles" for Princess Bubblegum.


I had lots of reference material to work from, most of them being black and white, but it was mostly used for the details - counting how many stripes, where his bowtie fell... 

Started with a few coats of white...

I took over the table! Made sure not to mix up my coffee and the brush water!
 Then it was onto the red and blue! 

Stripes and his little suit jacket!
Bowtie!


Adding the black outlines really made it stand out!




There's his cute little face! 
He had a home on our tree for a little while, but I didn't have the heart to pack him away. He's hanging on a hook in the bedroom right now. :) 

I have a few other characters in mind to do this with, but we'll see when I actually get around to them . :P 

No comments:

Post a Comment