Thursday, July 5, 2012

To spin or not to spin...

I've been thinking about learning to spin for a while. I've watched the Knit Picks tutorial several times, looked up stuff online and obsessively drooled over the spinning of other knitters. With my last order from Knit Picks I bit the bullet and bought three things of roving along with their drop spindle. It was on sale and I figured it was the perfect opportunity to learn without feeling like I was wasting a lot of money.
Knit Picks Wool of the Andes roving in Amethyst Heather
It's gorgeous and soft and I'm really desperate to learn. And also scared. I hate not being good at stuff, even stuff I've never done. But no matter what, I'm going to try it out this weekend. Wish me luck!
(On a side note, I figured out the timer on my camera and can now take WAY better pictures of stuff! No more blurry, non-flash photos for me!)

This post originally appeared on my personal blog over at hayiaf.com, feel free to check out my other posts there!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see the fruits of your spinning labor!

    ReplyDelete