|OH THE HUMANITY.|
Or, as Scott called it, "chest spiders".
And then this happened...
So I decided to make this.
|Note the mullet on the left side, I was quite proud of that.|
The Wooly Willy toys were on clearance at Micheal's for 49 cents each. I bought a few of those (in case of craft catastrophe), some stuff that cleans stickers off stuff, and some glue, and I was all set.
The artwork that I used and then horribly defaced on the smaller pictures is from this tumblr and you should probably go ahead and follow him if you aren't already. Most of the card I created from scratch in Photoshop, although I did cut and paste the two smaller images near the bottom.
I carefully pulled off the plastic part, collected the little metal shavings, and then removed all the paper residue from the plastic bit. I printed out my new art on card stock, and cut it out and glued it to the existing card. Then I just had to glue the plastic part back down. I used superglue, and that reacted VERY POORLY to the ink on my new artwork, so if I ever do this sort of project again, I will keep that in mind. I glued the bottom down first, then one side, and let that dry a bit. Then I dumped the metal bits back in, and glued down the other two sides. I did get some shavings caught in the glue, but most of the mess is actually printer ink. Bleh.
Anyway, I'm still pretty pleased with how it turned out...
|I am a PHOTOSHOP GENIUS... er... ADEQUATE USER.|
I hope Scott enjoys his new toy!
And let this be a lesson to you that if you say "somebody should make _____" within my hearing/reading, I will probably try to make it. ;p