Tuesday, June 18, 2013

"Hairy Hero" Gag Gift

The new Superman movie seems to be a bit polarizing. Before it even came out, a twitter friend (Scott Ziolko, whose tumblr is here & you should go look at it) came out strongly against it, due to the chest hair so gauchely sticking out at the top of Supes' outfit...

OH THE HUMANITY.

 Or, as Scott called it, "chest spiders".

And then this happened...


So I decided to make this.

Note the mullet on the left side, I was quite proud of that.

The Wooly Willy toys were on clearance at Micheal's for 49 cents each. I bought a few of those (in case of craft catastrophe), some stuff that cleans stickers off stuff, and some glue, and I was all set.

The artwork that I used and then horribly defaced on the smaller pictures is from this tumblr and you should probably go ahead and follow him if you aren't already. Most of the card I created from scratch in Photoshop, although I did cut and paste the two smaller images near the bottom.

I carefully pulled off the plastic part, collected the little metal shavings, and then removed all the paper residue from the plastic bit. I printed out my new art on card stock, and cut it out and glued it to the existing card. Then I just had to glue the plastic part back down. I used superglue, and that reacted VERY POORLY to the ink on my new artwork, so if I ever do this sort of project again, I will keep that in mind. I glued the bottom down first, then one side, and let that dry a bit. Then I dumped the metal bits back in, and glued down the other two sides. I did get some shavings caught in the glue, but most of the mess is actually printer ink.  Bleh.

Anyway, I'm still pretty pleased with how it turned out...

I am a PHOTOSHOP GENIUS... er... ADEQUATE USER.

 I hope Scott enjoys his new toy!

And let this be a lesson to you that if you say "somebody should make _____" within my hearing/reading, I will probably try to make it.  ;p

No comments:

Post a Comment