Monday, October 15, 2012

As I live and breathe


Hello Sarcastic Crafters! It's been a while since I've updated over here, so I wanted to give you a quick rundown on what crafty projects I've been working on...so I stole a blog entry from myself. -Mal

This weekend was eventful. I finished a project and FINALLY took pictures of everything. ENJOY.
Finished Irish Hiking Scarf
First up is the Irish Hiking Scarf. I finished it a week or two ago, still haven't blocked it but finally took a picture! I really like it and can't wait to give it to the boyfriend when I see him in a few weeks.
The V-Scarf
Next up is the progress I've made on the V-Scarf...granted it's not a lot but I still love the pattern and the yarn. I've put it aside for now as I'm going to work on a birthday present for my mom and since her birthday is before Christmas it take precedence.
No Pattern Hat from "Knitting Rules" by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee
I finished the No Pattern Hat for myself in record time (way quicker than a scarf) and I kind of love it. I can't wait to wear it tomorrow morning.
After I finished the first hat, I immediately cast on for another one - this time for my sister. This one is knitted out of some Socks That Rock mill-ends. I am delighted by the way the white has been spiraling around the hat. DELIGHTED. I have a ton of STR but this is the first bit I've knitted up. It's awesome and I think I've found my new favorite yarn.
Malabrigo worsted in Azalea
And finally, I ordered some yarn from Eat. Sleep. Knit and it came on Saturday (including some 16" nickel-plated circulars and some nickel-plated DPNs for more hats - turns out wooden needles hurt my hands). This will be knit up into a hat for my mom's birthday - it's going to be awesome.
Expect to see more hat pictures in the near future. Maybe I'll branch out into a pattern for one of them. I'm hoping to give mittens or fingerless gloves a try next.

This entry was originally posted at knitterlynotions.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment