Monday, December 10, 2012

All the Googly Eyes

IF YOU ARE MARRIED TO ME, THERE ARE CHRISTMAS SPOILERS BELOW.  

LOOK AWAY.




Guys, I'm a bit of a jerk.  But it turns out I'm not as big of a jerk as my friends.

The husband and I have been discussing procuring an iPad to replace our laptop which is showing its age and can't handle running more than a program at a time before showing the beach ball of OMIGOD COULD THIS TAKE ANY LONGER. I mentioned that I was thinking of buying the iPad as a Christmas surprise to two of my co-workers and one had a dastardly idea: put googly eyes on a feminine protection product.

I liked the idea, but modified it a bit so I'd feel like less of a total ass on Christmas morning. It seems like a lie to call this a project as it was ridiculously easy and I ended using it as stress relief after a bad sports day.


With two small children, there was no way that an iPad was going without protection.  That case I chose comes with a stand that will get little use.  Off I went to Walmart for the eyes: the pack with various sized eyes was under $3 and easily covered the back of the stand (so I have leftovers and a second pack with which to create later mayhem).


I can't wait to see his reaction when he opens the present.  And if you're having a bad day, I seriously recommend getting wild with the eyes: it's an instant high.

No comments:

Post a Comment